Tattoo Aftercare isn’t rocket science, but some care and precautions should be taken to ensure the final quality and healthy healing of your tattoo. We recommend the following procedures to care for your new tattoo.
- Remove your bandage in 2-4 hours.
- Clean your tattoo with warm water and antibacterial soap.
- Apply a thin application of Bacitracin or Neosporin ointment (the clear kind!) Always apply ointment with clean, freshly washed hands.
- If you can’t tolerate Antibiotic ointment, A&D ointment or Aquaphor is a decent substitute.
- Continue to use Antibiotic Ointment sparingly 3-4 times a day for next 3-4 days
- After 3-4 days switch to a high quality unscented lotion such as Lubriderm or Eucerin, use this lotion 3-4 times a day.
- Continue to use lotion for an additional 7-10 days.
- DO NOT: Soak your tattoo (swimming, hot tub, etc.) until it is fully healed. (usually about 2 weeks)
- DO NOT: Clean your tattoo with Hydrogen Peroxide, Alcohol or any other astringent.
- Protect your tattoo from exposure to sun! Wear loose clothing over your tattoo when you are outside during the healing period, if you Indoor Tan, cover your tattoo!
- Be careful with your fresh tattoo. Dirty Gym equipment, Jiu-jitsu mats, kitty litter, hot motor oil, etc. can all be dangerous to your new tattoo. Use common sense.
- The easiest way to keep your healed tattoo looking bright and colorful is by using strong (15 spf+) sunblock. Most sun block contains chemicals that will irritate your fresh tattoo! Sunblock is not for use on healing tattoos.
- If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call us. 215.862.3816
At Living Arts Tattoo, we have taken every precaution to ensure you were tattooed in clean environment with sterile equipment by trained professionals. Your tattoo is your responsibility when you leave, please take good care of it.
If you have any questions, Please call us. 215.862.3816